Custom Laser Cutting
I am available to design your custom object. Two types of service are available:
1) I would like to be able to purchase an item like.
For this kind of work, send me an email, and I will let you know if I can make it or not. If I can make it, I am happy to design and cut one. Then I can sell you one at the price I determine based on my normal pricing formula (materials, time, etc...)
2) I wish to own the design for an item like.
For this kind of work, send me an email, I will make an estimate of the amount of time to create the design. I charge $120 / hour for research and development time (design, cut, assemble, refine). I am willing to create a bid, but will charge one hour for the bid itself.
I own a very nice laser cutter, but it has limitations.
1) Size: The maximum individual piece I can cut is 19 1/2" x 11 1/2"
2) Materials: I prefer to cut wood, but can cut a variety of materials. Some make toxic fumes when cut, and these I will NOT cut. My cutter can NOT cut metals, glass, stone, or other very hard or reflective materials.
3) Minimum size: a laser beam is narrow, but measurable, when we start to get down to details of less than a millimeter, the lines cut may get close together, making the result "muddy"
4) Schedule: I have many commitments, and for really complex jobs, I may need to refer you to a place with more resources.
We really enjoy making dollhouse furniture and miniature kits, but we laser cut all sorts of things from shelving for trade shows to puzzles and boxes with hinges. If you are not sure, try us, we will see what we can do.